YouTube is amongst the biggest social media platforms. A lot of people have adopted it as their earning source.
It is an American online video sharing platform headquartered in San Bruno, California. Three former PayPal employees, Chad Hurley, Steven Chen, and Jawed Karim, created this platform back in 2005. Later, the site was bought by Google in November 2006 for US$ 1.65 billion. YouTube now operates as a Google subsidiary.
Content creation is the primary key when it comes to making money through YouTube. There are many ways to create creative and productive content, but you will have to select a particular niche first. Content creators grab viewers’ attention on YouTube by producing exceptional and unique content and eventually make money by creating quality videos.
Say a person might want to make videos regarding current affairs. He should be well aware of the events happening worldwide, must have the capability to present and have an idea of what might happen in the near future. The ideal way is to conduct thorough research and study about that particular topic, then record a video and upload it.
In this article, we will elaborate on different ways to earn money from YouTube, which, if a person follows, he/she can make a handsome amount of income for himself.
Will Only Uploading Videos Help You Make Money?
Creating a YouTube channel and uploading videos will not make you a star overnight. Only uploading videos does not mean you will start earning. People listening to YouTubers and influencers think that a person gets paid in dollars by just uploading a video. There is nothing like that.
The produced content should be powerful enough, and quality should never be compromised. In addition to that, earning money from YouTube requires time and patience as well.
For making money through videos, you should enable monetization of your channel in YouTube account settings. After doing so, you will join the YouTube Partners Program (YPP) or have your videos listed on YouTube Premium.
How to Get Subscribers?
To get more and more subscriptions and views of your channel, you will have to select a particular niche of your interest. You should have command on it. Before making a video, make sure to follow these steps to increase the number of followers:
- Target your audience first, like for which age group, gender, and country you want to make content for.
- Research about the topic/content you’re going to make a video of.
- Use a good quality camera if you’re filming yourself or anything in your video.
- Editing is the main factor in making your video to get clicked. Graphics should be of high quality. Moreover, the thumbnail and caption should be attractive.
- Before uploading, watch it 2-3 times yourself to make sure that it’s OK to upload.
How to Make Money?
Coming towards the real topic of discussion, we need to understand that a person doesn’t need to have a million subscribers to make millions. Let’s break this point into two main categories of how you will be able to make money:
- Monetization of your YouTube Channel
- Merchandise your product or marketing for brands
YouTube channels can be monetized without millions of subscribers. All you need is a perfect command on your niche come up with engaging content.
Earning potential cannot be determined through your subscribers or views on your channel only. It is the market value that makes you fame and money. This doesn’t mean that number of views and subscribers is not substantial, but it isn’t the only factor.
You can monetize your channel once you have 1000 subscribers and hit 4000 watch hours. The steps how to monetize YouTube channel are:
- Sign in the account.
- Click the icon for your account on the top right corner.
- Click YouTube Studio.
- In the left menu, select Other Features > Monetization.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of the YouTube Partner Program.
- Create an AdSense account or connect an existing one to your channel (you need an AdSense account to get paid).
- Set your monetization preferences.
Many people starting a YouTube channel or learning about earning money think that this is the only source of getting dollars. In reality, YouTube only pays you a little amount of money, even if you have a million subscribers or views on your channel.
The primary earning source of YouTubers is to launch and sell their products or go for the branding of different products available in the market. According to your channel’s market value, brands contact you for their marketing, or you may also approach them with a proposal.
Other Ways to Earn Money Through YouTube
Apart from these two primary sources, there are other ways to earn money from YouTube. Some of those are:
- Become a YouTube partner and earn money from ads. It is like permitting YouTube to add different ads in your videos, and YouTube will pay you for it.
- Sell products or merchandise for other growing businesses. You need to look for the small/growing businesses and offer them your branding services through your channel.
- Crowdfund your next video/project. Patreon is another platform that provides YouTubers or any other influencer a chance to earn monthly through their subscribers. You ask your followers to join you on Patreon (give your Patreon account link) and support your content by paying you as much little as a dollar. You will have to offer some perks and benefits to your patrons in return.
- License your content to media
- Work with different brands as an influencer or affiliate
What Factors Should a YouTuber Take Care Of?
A YouTuber must consider the following factors if he wants to avoid the de-monetization of his channel. If a particular video or your channel gets de-monetized, you will not make money from your channel. So, avoid the following things to makes sure that your channel stays stable.
- Your content or video should not be sexually suggestive, or there should not be nudity or sexual humor in it.
- There should not be any violence, including displays of severe injury or violent extremism.
- Your content should be free of any foul or inappropriate language that might spread vulgarity, profanity, or harassment in society.
- Make sure you are not involved in the promotion and selling of drugs and regulated substances, including their use and abuse.
- Controversial or sensitive subjects and events, including issues related to the war, political conflicts, natural disasters, and tragedies, even if graphic imagery is not shown.
YouTube is amongst the largest platforms famous for video creation and is a reputable platform for earning money. If you love the art of video creation and editing, then this platform is the best way to get started.
All you need is a good camera and good command on the video editing software. Once you get these things, you will earn money for yourself by adopting your passion as your profession.Recommended1 recommendationPublished in